Texas Bluebonnets NoteCARDS
BLUEBONNETS And these Texas Bluebonnets Notecards are perfect for any of your Texas peeps!
The Texas State Flower is the Bluebonnet. Named for its color and, it is said, the resemblance of its petal to a woman’s sunbonnet, the bluebonnet is the state flower of Texas. It blooms in the early spring and can be readily found in fields and along the roadsides throughout central and south Texas.
Original art painted with acrylics. There are 6 cards & 6 envelopes, packaged in plastic sleeve. Check out American Meadows to order some sunflower seeds for your garden! And if you have any Kansas connections, check out my Kansas Sunflower Notecards here.
There are many things that make this state great but I especially LOVE springtime when the bluebonnets in Texas are in full bloom. Here are some interesting facts about this beautiful state flower:
1. They begin to bloom in March and are in full bloom by April. During the month of April, many Texans and some out of state visitors are visiting areas with bluebonnet blooms to take photos of these stunning vibrant flowers.
2. The bluebonnet was chosen as the state flower in 1901.Did you know there are many different species of our beloved Bluebonnets? In 1971 the Texas State Flower was changed to include all of these species. Pretty cool huh?!?
3. The Lupinus Texensic and Lupinus Subcarnosis (species of bluebonnets) only grow in Texas.Texas is known for its bluebonnets and even though it’s not the only place in the U.S where they can be found it is the only place you’ll find both the Lupinus Texensic and Lupinus Subcarnosis species.
4. Texas was the first state to plant flowers alongside the state highways.One of my favorite ways to view the bluebonnets in Texas is by driving down the open highways looking out at the fields of blue.
5. Bluebonnets like the full sun which is one reason they do so well in Texas!The only ideal place for bluebonnets to grow is in a sunny location. In fact, they need no less than 8-10 hours of direct sunlight!
6. You can visit Ennis Bluebonnet Trails in April to get the full Bluebonnet experience! To really embrace the full bluebonnets experience, plan a stop at the Ennis trails! Be sure to use your southern manners and avoid picking them. We want them to be a part of what makes Texas so beautiful for many years to come!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.